Sunday, May 7, 2017

Big Changes

Big changes in one are of life always cause a ripple effect through everything else.

My first week at my new job went well. Learning so many new things - a new drive, meeting new people, new computer systems, new workflow, & a new type of work, - was all very good but also mentally taxing.

Also, meeting so many new people fills me with anxiety. Everyone at my new job is incredibly kind and helpful. Bullying behavior is not tolerated. Despite that, I'm always uneasy with the impression I'm making with new people. It may not seem like it on the page, but there's just something about me that causes many people to tire of my presence. I don't know what it is, but I know it is there.

I haven't found my footing just yet. It also means I didn't get any writing done at all. Once I have a new stable routine in order I know I'll be able to write again. Instead, I've done some reading, which is a different part of the writing process. I've also left my mind open for ideas for my new stories.

I hope everyone has a good week. Again, I won't be as active as I was before on Twitter, but I'm not gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment